- To eliminate or exclude due to a failure in meeting necessary characteristics, qualifications, or conditions
- To remove someone's power or authority to exercise a particular privilege or right after conducting a formal review or assessment
- In the competition, the judges had to disqualify a participant who failed to meet the age requirement.
- The board may disqualify a member if they fail to attend the required number of meetings.
- If a professional breaches their code of conduct, they may be disqualified from practicing in their field.