- The process or action leading to the termination or end of something
- The official termination of an organized entity, such as a court
- An event where a partner leaves the partnership, bringing the relationship to an end
- The ending of a business, more specifically a corporation
- The act of a court lifting or terminating an injunction or stay
- The formal ending of a marriage, typically through divorce proceedings
- After several months of negotiations, the dissolution of the corporation was completed and all assets were liquidated.
- The judge ordered the dissolution of the injunction, enabling the construction project to go forward.
- After trying counseling and mediation, they decided the best option was the dissolution of their marriage.