- Refers to the selling or transferring ownership of a property, often an operating division, under legal directives such as a court order, most commonly in cases of bankruptcy
- The process of selling off an asset that is considered unprofitable, adds no value to the restructuring of a corporation, or is morally questionable
- Due to the company's financial state, they had to go through a divestiture process and sell off their operating division.
- The divestiture of the unprofitable business division was conducted to streamline the company's operations.
- Companies may undergo divestiture if they own assets that are deemed morally unacceptable.