- A portion of a company's net profits that is regularly distributed to shareholders, typically in cash, additional shares, or property. It is often determined per share or as a percentage of the share's par value
- A portion of a mutual insurance company's extra earnings that is distributed to policyholders, typically as cash or through lowering premiums
- A distribution made to mutual fund investors from the fund's income
- The board of directors announced that the quarterly dividend will be issued next month.
- As a part of the insurance contract, the policyholder received a dividend which reduced her annual premium.
- Many mutual fund investors rely on the regular dividend for their retirement income.