- A location where a person maintains their permanent and principal residence for legal matters
- The location where a corporation is founded, or primarily operates its business activities
- The action of establishing a principal residence or home for an individual or organization
- The tax rates may vary depending on an individual's domicile.
- The corporation's domicile could impact its legal responsibilities and privileges.
- A student may domicile in the state where they attend university to become eligible for in-state tuition.