- An initial version or sketch of something, specifically a law
- A method or action of picking individuals from a group, often utilized for military service
- The action or process of choosing an individual for a specific purpose, such as a political candidacy, without the person's explicit consent
- A payment order made out by an individual or bank for a sum of money to be paid by another
- The act of picking someone for a specific intent
- The creation or preparation of an initial version of something, often a document or legislation
- The act of honing the skill of diagrammatic representation or drafting
- The senator worked late into the night on the draft of the bill.
- The young man worried about the looming possibility of a military draft.
- The council surprised the community with a sudden draft of a new mayor.