- Relates to individuals chosen through the process of voting by the public
- Pertaining to the method or the act of selection or voting
- Derives from the right or rule of making a selection or vote
- Allows for the possibility of making a selection
- Something that can be picked as an option
- Something that is advantageous to a person, though not needed to live
- The new leader of the city council was appointed through an elective process.
- The elective system of our democracy allows citizens to choose their representatives.
- The patient chose to proceed with the elective surgery, aware that it wasn't crucial for survival.