- A command from the government that disallows commercial ships from leaving its ports
- A legally imposed restriction on trade activities
- An instruction issued by a public regulatory agency or common carrier that prevents or limits the transportation of goods
- The act of implementing a restriction on commerce or transportation activities
- The government had to impose an embargo on all commercial shipping from its ports due to the national threat.
- As per the new law, an embargo was placed on the trade activities in the interest of national security.
- Findings revealed that the common carrier has the legal right to enforce an embargo on the freight transportation.