- The action through which an individual or group is given the right to vote or certain privileges are granted
- The condition in which an individual or group has gained the right to vote or certain privileges have been granted
- The 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution signified a major enfranchisement for women by giving them the right to vote.
- The enfranchisement of former felons is a controversial topic in some jurisdictions.
- The civil rights movement fought for the enfranchisement of African Americans in the United States.