ex post facto
- An action or event that has occurred after a specific time or situation
- Something that is conceived, established, or enacted after a certain event has already occurred
- Related to a law that is enacted after a particular event but retroactively applied or enforced
- The ruling was made ex post facto, so it did not apply to the case at hand.
- The policy change was applied ex post facto, making it ineffective for the previously implemented projects.
- The ex post facto laws cannot punish someone for an action that was not illegal at the time it happened.