- An individual who conducts a detailed study or analysis of something
- A federal officer who is engaged in administering oaths and collecting depositions or testimonies in court proceedings
- An individual assigned to conduct a detailed scrutiny or assessment of a particular matter or situation
- The examiner meticulously inspected the financial records to ensure their accuracy.
- In the courtroom, it is the examiner's duty to administer the oath and collect testimonies.
- As an examiner, her job is to assess health and safety conditions at the workplace.