- The act of providing something valuable, such as a piece of real property, to receive something else of equal value, which could be money or a similar kind of property
- The process in which something valuable is given with an expectation of receiving something else of equal value, which does not include money
- A structured marketplace designed specifically for trading in securities or commodities
- The landowners entered into an exchange of property, swapping tracts of equal value.
- In this non-monetary exchange, the artist traded an original painting for vintage memorabilia.
- The brokerage house facilitated transactions on the exchange, enabling the buying and selling of securities.