- The process by which resources or options are completely used up or depleted
- The act of testing or using all accessible means or solutions to resolve a problem or issue
- The act of taking a legal claim or issue through all the possible previous stages of examination or review
- The team made sure to exhaust all possible options before making a final decision.
- The litigant had to exhaust all remedies before appealing to a higher court.
- The law firm elected to exhaust the claim through all levels of review to seek the most advantageous outcome.