- The state of thinking or hoping that something, particularly of benefit or value, will happen or be the case
- An interest that someone may gain or realize in the future, although they have no legal entitlement to it currently
- The value or advantage that will be derived from a contract when it is fulfilled or carried out
- The executor of the estate clarified the expectancy of each beneficiary.
- The partners entered into the contract, considering the expectancy it would bring.
- The claimant's expectancy was dependent on the outcome of the proceedings.