- The act that leads to the complete termination or elimination of something or makes it nonexistent
- The action of rendering a legal claim or right as null and void
- The process of eliminating a debt or other financial liability through the means of payment or compensatory adjustments
- The court decided to extinguish the plaintiff's claim, stating that it didn't have any legal basis.
- The payment made by the company was enough to extinguish their debt in the eyes of the law.
- The law was passed to extinguish certain types of unfair practices in the industry.