- Refers to something that surpasses the normal or expected conditions or standards
- In a financial context, it denotes a transaction that is unlikely to happen again
- Concerning a task or responsibility given for a unique purpose or service
- The judge ruled that the case had extraordinary circumstances and required a unique approach.
- The company's financial report noted an extraordinary transaction that greatly improved the quarterly results.
- The board appointed an extraordinary committee for investigating the corruption allegations.