- A term referring to the external aspect or look of something or someone
- The clear or immediate meaning of something, such as a document or regulation, that does not consider any other external information
- The side of an object, usually a document, that includes some form of inscription or print
- The face of the contract clearly indicates that parties cannot back out without a valid reason.
- Her understanding of the law was based on its face, without considering the legislative intent behind it.
- The face of the coin was worn out, making the inscriptions barely readable.