- An individual who carries out or oversees business transactions on behalf of another person or entity
- A business representative who purchases or sells products on behalf of other businesses in exchange for a fee or commission
- An entity that provides loans to producers or merchants, using their outstanding invoices as collateral
- A person or object that actively plays a role or has influence in achieving a specific outcome
- The company hired a factor to manage their buying and selling of products to optimize their profit margins.
- Several local businesses utilize the services of a factor to handle their financial transactions.
- The small business relied on the factor to lend them money using their unpaid invoices as security.