- A person in a position of authority who takes on the responsibility to act in the best interests of another party, such as managing their money or property. This person must perform the role with honesty, care, and loyalty
- Associated with establishing and maintaining a relationship built on trust or confidence
- Related to the role, duties, or responsibilities of a person who is obliged to act for the benefit of another
- The executor of the will was a fiduciary appointed to distribute the deceased person's assets.
- As a fiduciary, the financial advisor was obligated to make the best investment decisions for his client's portfolio.
- Due to her fiduciary duties, the property manager couldn't accept gifts from service providers.