- The sum of money present in outstanding checks and currently in the collection process
- The duration from when a transaction is made, such as writing a check or making a credit purchase, to when the money is actually withdrawn from the account for payment
- The act of letting a currency's value adjust according to supply and demand in the international exchange market, free from any artificial control or support
- The process of making an issue of securities available for purchase on the market
- Raising money for setting up or expanding a business through the sale of securities
- The company managed the float carefully to ensure its operating liquidity.
- Due to the float, the funds were not withdrawn from her account until three days after the credit card transaction.
- The government decided to float its currency, allowing the foreign exchange market to determine its value.
- The new company decided to float its shares to raise capital for expansion.
- To secure funds for the new project, the company planned to float bonds in the financial market.