- An attachment to an insurance policy that provides coverage for specific personal property items like jewelry or art
- A type of debt security that has a variable interest rate which is adjusted based on a specified index
- The couple decided to get a floater for their expensive art collection for additional coverage.
- Investors considered buying a floater due to its variable interest rate based on market conditions.
- The insurance company suggested adding a floater to the homeowner's policy to cover high-end electronics.