- The term describes a power or force that surpasses or can't be overcome
- It refers to an unexpected or uncontrollable occurrence such as war, labor strikes, or severe weather that couldn't be predicted or controlled
- The construction company invoked force majeure due to heavy snowfall preventing them from completing their work.
- The contract was nullified due to a clause about force majeure that would be enacted in the event of a nationwide strike.
- Due to force majeure circumstances like war, the delivery of the goods was indefinitely postponed.