- An item or asset that is given up or taken away due to a breach of the rules or failure to meet certain obligations
- The process of losing rights, property, or money as a consequence of not fulfilling a responsibility or obligation, or of committing a transgression
- The act of imposing or undergoing the loss of something, typically as a penalty for violation of laws or regulations
- Anything that experiences a loss or is susceptible to being taken away as a penalty
- When the company failed to comply with safety regulations, they had to forfeit their operating license.
- Unable to repay the loan on time, the debtor risks having to forfeit the house.
- After being found guilty of fraud, she was ordered to forfeit all of her illegal earnings.