- The forfeiture denotes the deprivation of an individual's right, finances, or property due to their criminal behavior, default, or disregard in performing responsibilities
- Forfeiture also can mean an item, which can be a sum of money or ownership of property, that one loses as a punishment
- The businessman faced forfeiture of his properties due to his involvement in illegal activities.
- In the court ruling, they determined that failure to pay the loan would lead to the forfeiture of his vehicle.
- The drug dealer was not only sentenced to a jail term, but also a forfeiture of all his financial assets.