- A unique advantage or exemption given by the government to a person, group, or business
- The permission to operate a business, often with corporate powers
- A privilege given to a utility company to offer services and utilize public property for such services
- A right protected by the constitution or law
- A license allowing an individual or group to sell or promote a company's products or services in a designated area, typically including company-specific rules, support services, advertising, and facilities, in exchange for fees or other compensation
- In insurance, a set threshold in an insurance policy; the insurer is not responsible for costs below this amount and takes on complete responsibility for costs exceeding this amount
- Group insurance that covers fewer people than the legal minimum
- The city awarded a 10-year franchise to the power company.
- In pursuing their franchise, the local food joint followed all the procedures laid out by the corporate office.
- Upon inspection, it was found that the group's health coverage didn't qualify as a franchise as it fell short of the required participant count.