- An act of making something unable to be moved or changed
- An act of halting the ability to spend, withdraw, or trade something, often enforced by a governmental or financial body
- A process of altering the capital structure of a private corporation so that the worth is primarily represented in preferred stock instead of common stock
- The bank decided to freeze the assets of the company awaiting further investigation.
- The government implemented a freeze on all transactions to that country due to the current political situation.
- The owner opted to freeze the company's capital so that the majority value was reflected in preferred stock.