- Pertaining to or influencing the entirety or the complete whole
- Relates to or is relevant to each individual within a specific group, type, or class
- Not restricted or concentrated in a specific area; broadly applicable
- Centered on the primary aspects rather than focusing on minor, specific details
- Having a higher status or supremacy over others with similar titles or positions
- The general conditions of the contractual agreement are applicable to all the parties involved.
- Despite the specializations, the principles of law are general and apply to every member of the community.
- The document's general clauses were created to be flexible and unconfined by specifications.