- It's the practice or strategy employed to manipulate the boundaries of an electoral constituency in a way that favors a particular political party
- It refers to a district or series of districts having great discrepancies in size or population, brought about by such manipulative practices
- The action of configuring election districts in such a way that maximizes the electoral success of a specific political party, while minimizing the effect of opposition votes by crowding them into as few districts as possible
- The process of dividing an area into political sectors to give certain advantages to a specific group
- The opposition accused the ruling party of gerrymander to win the upcoming elections.
- One district's odd boundaries were suspected to be a result of gerrymander to favor the incumbent.
- The local residents protested against the gerrymander which they said disrupted community voting power.