- A voluntary transfer of any kind of property by a person who is legally capable. The person giving the gift willingly relinquishes control over the property and hands it over to the recipient who consents to receiving it
- A thing transferred willingly by one individual to another without any expectation of repayment or reward
- The transfer of property at a cost significantly lower than its actual value, outside of regular business transactions
- A car was given as a gift by the father to his daughter on her graduation day.
- In her will, she left a significant gift of property to her favorite charity.
- He received an expensive piece of artwork as a gift from her friend.