- The procedure of controlling or managing the affairs of a state or community
- The official capacity or jurisdiction to manage and control public affairs
- An ongoing exercise of controlling or managing affairs of a political entity or society
- An entity or system through which a political unit exercises power and performs responsibilities and is generally categorized by how power is distributed within it
- The aggregation of political institutions, rules, and traditions that collectively execute the task of governance
- The assembly of individuals who form the governing authority of a political entity or group
- Members of the governing body within a political entity who make it an action-driven agency
- The executive branch of the federal government of the United States
- In criminal proceedings, the prosecution acting on behalf of the political unit
- The government has been putting significant effort into improving the country's infrastructure.
- Covid-19 exposed the challenges that many governments around the world are facing in healthcare.
- The new legislation was passed by the government to enhance transparency in the public procurement process.