- A person who is in charge of governing or controlling something or someone
- An individual who wields authority, particularly over a specific region or group of people
- An official who is elected or appointed to serve as the primary executive or symbolic leader of a political entity
- The director who manages and is typically the key officer of an institution or organization
- An individual who is part of a group that oversees and directs an institution
- The governor of the state introduced a new healthcare policy.
- As the governor of the bank, it was her responsibility to ensure financial stability.
- He was elected as the governor of the school board.