- A person who gives or bestows something to another entity such as a right or property
- An individual who transfers the ownership of property or a right in property through a written legal document
- An individual who establishes a trust by transferring property to a trustee to benefit a third party
- An entity, such as a foundation or governmental organization, that provides financial support in the form of grants, often for education, research or social causes
- The grantor transferred his family home to his children through a deed.
- Because the grantor established the educational trust, several students were able to pursue higher education.
- The non-profit organization applied for funding from a grantor who supports environmental causes.