- A source of distress often related to work conditions or perceived unfair labor practices leading to complaints or disputes
- The formal presentation of a complaint by an employee, typically the initial step for reaching a solution via a predetermined procedure
- The employees filed a grievance due to the long work hours without overtime pay.
- After experiencing discrimination at work, he decided to express his grievance formally.
- The human resources department established a system to efficiently address any grievance brought forth by the workforce.