- Refers to something that's flagrant, extreme, or highly reprehensible in a bad or offensive way
- Defines the overall total of something, from which deductions haven't been subtracted
- Indicative of an overall total from which reductions have not been made
- To accumulate or gain an overall total, without any deductions for factors like taxes or expenses
- The company reported a gross income of $400,000 this year.
- In her statement, she described the act as being gross misconduct.
- The business managed to gross a substantial amount despite heavy expenses.