- A basis or set of reasons that a person's knowledge, belief, or conviction relies on. It's also used in a legal context as the data or premise that gives an action or argument a solid standing
- A section or plot of land
- The act of providing a rational or valid foundation or basis for something
- The judge asked the prosecutor to clarify the ground for the legal action.
- The city is selling a ground for the construction of a new community center.
- The resources available on the project helped to ground the researcher's hypothesis.