- A form of lease payment made by a tenant, particularly for the purpose of building on the designated land
- A specified rental fee maintained by the provider of the land or their descendants, mainly established on land given in perpetual rent, or for a renewable period
- The company was required to pay annual ground rent to the landowner for their office building.
- As part of the lease agreement, the grantor’s family received a perpetual ground rent from the lessee.
- The ground rent stipulated in the lease was subject to review and adjustment every five years.