- A pledge that a certain condition will be met or fulfilled
- A commitment made by one entity to ensure another's ability to hold or enjoy a certain thing
- A pledge about the quality or expected duration of use of a product being sold, often accompanied by a promise of refund
- The seller provided a one-year guarantee with the car, promising to cover any mechanical issues within that timeframe.
- The security deposit serves as a guarantee that the tenant will not cause damage to the property.
- As part of their customer service, the store offered a guarantee of full reimbursement if the purchased item did not last for at least six months.