- A person eligible to receive ownership of assets after the current proprietor passes away
- An individual who by legal process acquires property, particularly real estate, when a person dies without a legally recognized will
- An individual who acquires the assets and property of a deceased person by will or through legal procedures
- Upon the death of the landlord, the heir took over the management of the estate.
- If you die without a will, your property will be distributed to your nearest heir according to state laws.
- The will stated that all the deceased's assets should be transferred to the designated heir.