- Refers to an incident where a person causes a vehicular accident and leaves the scene without providing assistance or identifying themselves, as required by law
- Pertaining to a situation or a driver involved in a vehicular accident who fails to stop or fulfill their legal obligations
- The victim was injured in a hit-and-run incident downtown, but the driver was not found.
- Strict penalties are in place to discourage hit-and-run accidents.
- An increase in hit-and-run incidents has prompted a change in traffic laws.