- An individual who possesses something
- The one who utilizes someone else's property through a specific agreement, often a lease
- Under the Uniform Commercial Code, someone in possession of a negotiable instrument made payable to them, or bearer
- Under the Uniform Commercial Code, an individual with goods specified in a document of title that can be delivered to the person possessing the document
- An individual or entity, such as a trustee or debtor, who possesses someone else's property under the provisions of the Civil Code regarding unclaimed property
- The bank became the holder of the mortgage after the original owner sold it.
- Under the agreement, the tenant was the holder of the commercial property for a term of twenty years.
- By being in possession of the bearer bond, she was considered its legal holder.