- A mutual or following connection due to shared interest in land impacted by a covenant between two parties
- The connection that occurs between the initial provider of a product and a final consumer or an impacted observer
- The court examined the horizontal privity between the property owner and the tenant to establish the validity of the covenant.
- In the car manufacturing industry, the horizontal privity between the car maker and the buyer is crucial for warranty purposes.
- The lawsuit hinged on establishing horizontal privity between the software developer and the end-users.