- A type of building that serves as a dwelling unit. It can be a single or multiple-family house, an apartment, or a hotel room. It usually includes the property surrounding that building, known as the 'curtilage'
- A building, such as a home or business, where a person is legally protected from unwarranted searches and seizures under the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- A legislative assembly, particularly one section of a bicameral legislative body
- The specific building or chamber where a legislative assembly holds sessions
- The minimum number of members of a legislative assembly needed to conduct business, also known as a quorum
- The legislation was first introduced to the house last month.
- The police could not search the person's house without a valid warrant.
- A minimum of 100 members is required to form the house for the session.