- Legally granted protection from a responsibility or obligation bestowed upon an individual or group
- A specific law that prevents certain documents or information from being disclosed or accessible during legal proceedings
- The whistle-blower was promised immunity from prosecution in return for his testimony.
- The embassy staff enjoys diplomatic immunity and therefore they cannot be arrested.
- By claiming immunity, the corporation was able to avoid fulfilling certain regulatory requirements.