- Given or paid in goods, commodities, or services, instead of cash
- Given or paid in assets or resources, without being exchanged for cash
- Given in a form or quantity that matches or equals another
- The non-profit organization accepted in-kind donations such as food, clothing, and furniture.
- To avoid a potential tax penalty, an in-kind distribution may be taken from a retirement account.
- The company offered an in-kind match for employee charitable contributions, doubling the impact of the donation.