- Not having the necessary qualifications recognized by law
- One who lacks the legally recognized capacity due to reasons such as age or mental issues
- A state of being unable due to certain mental or physical conditions
- A lack of authority, power, or legal qualifications
- The state of not being able or failing to carry out tasks adequately
- A person who is unable to perform a task adequately or fulfill a role effectively
- The court declared him incompetent due to his mental condition.
- Due to her age, she's deemed incompetent to sign the legal document.
- The supervisor deemed the new hire incompetent after multiple failed attempts at the assigned work.