- A numerical value that indicates trends or changes in a situation like inflation or economic performance
- The process of linking things such as wages, rates, or investments to a numerical measure
- The rising index of the stock market indicates an upward trend in economic performance.
- The company decides to index its employee's wages to the rate of inflation to keep up with economic changes.
- The investment firm has indexed its portfolios to ensure they align with current market indicators.