- The process by which assets, rights, and obligations are transferred to another party after someone's death
- The process of gaining property or assets, either through a will or by the default laws when no will is present
- The transfer of all rights, properties, and debts of a deceased individual to another person, either as specified in a will or determined by law
- Any item or right that can be passed on to an individual upon the death of another
- The entitlement one has to assets or property as the legal heir upon the death of the current owner
- Upon her father's death, she took over the inheritance of his sizable estate.
- The lawyer explained the steps involved in processing the inheritance after a loved one's death.
- Disputes over the inheritance arose among the siblings after their parents passed away.