- It's the preliminary sequence of actions undertaken to achieve a particular outcome
- It refers to the authority to begin legal proceedings
- It's a method by which a certain set of voters can propose a new law, demanding that it be presented to the voters or legislative bodies for their affirmation
- The citizens used their initiative to propose new environmental regulations.
- The committee exercised its initiative and proposed a new law related to healthcare.
- The community's initiative allowed them to petition a traffic law change, compelling the city council to bring it up for a vote.