- The state of having no legal blame or guilt
- The condition of being not responsible for a specific illegal act
- The lack of guilt in the act that forms a basis for marital separation
- A party's lack of knowledge about the basic facts that would prompt an average person to ask questions in a transaction
- Upon review of the evidence, the court affirmed the innocence of the defendant.
- In matrimonial law, proving innocence in the act that led to the divorce can have significant implications.
- The innocent buyer's innocence was proven by their lack of awareness of the problematic details of the transaction.