- A document provided by the insurance company to a shipper, indicating that a shipment of goods is protected under a marine insurance policy
- A document granted in lieu of an insurance policy by an insurance company to an individual as proof of participation in an insurance or pension plan
- When transporting valuable goods across the ocean, the shipper must always have the insurance certificate on hand in case something goes wrong.
- After joining the company, the employee received an insurance certificate as part of the pension plan benefits.
- When the homeowner applied for a loan, the bank requested a copy of the insurance certificate to ensure the property was insured.